Monday, September 14, 2015

Weekend and start of Day 7

Recap of the weekend:
    Did you know Pot Roast is a low carb meal?  Leave out the potatoes and carrots and it is.  I put a pot roast in the crock post with a can of cream of mushroom soup, a packet of onion soup mix and a bit of water.  And I added some green beans.  The only carbs are in the soup, the mix, and the green beans, but most of the soup stays in the post.  Excellent meal.

Sunday I did weigh myself and from Wednesday to Sunday I lost 5.4lbs.  That's not totally accurate because Wednesday I weighed myself mid-morning after coffee, but it's definitely a trend down.  I'm now at 288.6lbs.

Sunday evening we went out to buy a dress for homecoming and my daughter wanted Olive Garden.  I figured what the heck, not going to worry about one meal.  It tasted great, but I couldn't each much - the bread and pasta just felt heavy and I was just blah afterwards.  Honestly it didn't sit well either.

Monday(Day 7):
Breakfast.
4 links of sausage on 2 slices of Chompies
Protein shake.

Lunch
chicken leg quarter
celery and carrots with homemade blue cheese

Dinner
Blackened Mahi Mahi on a bed of spaghetti squash noodles
Spinach Salad with blue cheese dressing and a couple slices of tomatoes
Broccoli

Up until Sunday morning I was getting hungy, but Sunday morning I made a 2 carb breakfast and I couldn't have the protein shake because I was just full.  When lunch came around I ate a bit, but felt very full.  Hoping this trend continues.  As much as I like planning my meals it's nice not to constantly be hungry.

Another interesting meal tidbit.  Friday night I took some leftover spaghetti squash 'noodles' and sautee`d them in a pan with a bit of butter and garlic.  I then sprinkled parmesan on top,  My daughter loved it and is already requesting it again.  This is so much better than the package alfredo noodles she usually wants - my version is less than 6 carbs.  The package has 45 carbs.  Big difference!!


No comments:

Post a Comment