Day 2
First a recap of Day 1
Total Calories consumed: 1500
Protein: 98
Fiber: 30
Carbs total/net 78/48*
* I'm shooting for low carb and while the above numbers aren't high I'd like to get them lower. All the carbs are from veggies and not from processed foods so I don't feel too bad about it, but I am going to try and keep them low.
Breakfast was a protein shake. Not sure I believe all the hype about 'exotic super foods', but it's filling and I can use it as a meal replacement.
Lunch was a couple of turkey sandwiches with mayo. I use Chompies multigrain bread. It's tasty and is very low in carbs - 1 net carb per slice. Mayo has zero carbs, but is all fat and has a lot of calories so I use sparingly.
Dinner was a vegetarian dish. It's called No-Cream Pasta Primavera. Instead of pasta I use spaghetti squash. The recipe is zucchini,squash,carrots,asparagus,green beans, onions, garlic with Italian seasoning, basil and Parsley. You roast all the veggies except onions and garlic and then sautee everything in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It's a great way to get a ton of veggies on your plate.
Todays plan:
Exercise was not an option due to thunderstorms this morning. Supposed to continue all day. If I get a chance I'll take a long walk this evening.
Breakfast will be the protein shake.
Lunch will be homemade chicken salad - I baked a few chicken breasts last night and they're chilling in the fridge. I'll use the food processor and add some onion and celery. I'll use mayo to bind it all together. It doesn't take a ton of mayo either and it's a delicious and quick sandwich. I'll probably add a tomato slice as well.
Dinner is going to be roast chicken leg quarter, spinach salad with homemade blue cheese and a side of broccoli. I may have a piece of Chompies toast with butter since I'm not having a potato.
I don't know who reads this, but if you have questions about my recipes or about the content of the blog, just ask. I'm not quite ready to post my weight, but with a bit of encouragement I would. I can tell nowadays how I'm doing by the way my clothes fit.
No comments:
Post a Comment