Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Not as expected

Yesterday did not go as expected.  Upping the protein and the fiber did not help me feel full.  I don't think this is something that needs time to build up in your system, it's something that should either work or not.  In this case it did not.  I was constantly hungry and ended up noshing multiple times.  Other than a handful of carrot sticks with blue cheese I stuck to no carb options though.

Today I went back to previous habit.  I made a high protein/zero carb breakfast of eggs and sausage.  An hour later I'm having a high protein shake.  This seems to be working a lot better.  I feel satisfied and my carb count for the morning is 8.

In the past I've noticed that if I eat a large breakfast I tend to do better throughout the day.  I'm going to revert to that strategy again.

Dieting sucks.  No two ways about it.  I like the food I eat, but I hate feeling the hunger pangs all the time.  It just gnaws away at me.   And it's hard to control portions when you're hungry.

I'm at a point where I'm mildly entertaining the thought of bariatric surgery.  Please understand that I don't believe in it personally.  I've known several people that had the surgery and then ate their way back to obesity one piece of candy at a time.  I'm not a candy person, but my portions are out of proportion.   Here's my thinking on the bariatric:  When you've tried everything you can think of to lose weight, but have yet to find a permanent solution you then have to look at what you haven't tried, even if you don't agree with it.  Bariatric does work for some folks and even for the ones that it didn't I applaud them for trying to find a solution.

I'm not throwing in the towel yet, but I'm starting to at least entertain some options in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment