Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Day 8: Feeling Good

Day 8

First a recap of yesterday:
I didn't log my food, but I didn't cheat either.  I had a small breakfast, plus a protein shake.  Lunch was some leftover chicken.  As a side I had some celery and carrots that I dipped in blue cheese.  Dinner was a single filet of blackened Mahi, with a spinach salad and steamed broccoli.  I had some spaghetti squash that I tried to steam in chicken broth, but I steamed it too long and it turned to mush.  I was planning on using that instead of rice as a base for the fish.

Overall I'm liking what I'm doing.  I feel good.  I'm sleeping a bit better and not getting the afternoon drowsies.  Not that I'm against a nap, but it's not a priority.

Really my changes have been minimal.  I've eaten well for a long time, but I got into the habit of snacking into the evening and those snacks were crackers, chips, cookies, etc.  All I've done is cut those out and I'm a bit more conscientious about my carbs.  Instead of pasta I'm using spaghetti squash.  Instead of a potato I have a piece of Chompies bread with butter.  Instead of a taco shell I use a lettuce leaf.

I haven't consumed sodas for years.  Yeah on the rare occasion I'll have one, but I don't consume a six pack in a year.  I still drink coffee, water and the occasional tea, but I get it unsweetened.  I probably should cut back on the coffee, but it's part of my morning routine....the dogs typically have me up at 5am so I sit on the back patio with them and enjoy the quiet.  It's a good way to start the day.  And having my cup of coffee makes it pretty damn perfect.  

Todays Meals:

Breakfast:
Not feeling overly hungry so I'll probably just have a protein shake this morning.

Lunch:
Turkey Sandwiches with sliced tomato.  I'm also going to roast up a turkey breast I purchased from Sprouts.  Later today or tomorrow I'll make up a batch of turkey salad.

Dinner:
Hamburgers, green beans and a nice big bowl of spinach with homemade blue cheese dressing.  And I may treat myself to a piece or two of multigrain toast.

I do still struggle with nighttime hunger.  It typically hits around 8:30pm.  Sometimes I can ignore it until bed time, but once every 3 or 4 days I'll succumb and have a couple pieces of cheese and turkey.  Hoping as time goes on that becomes less of a distraction.  

No comments:

Post a Comment