Thursday, September 10, 2015

Day 3.  Hanging strong.

First my recap of Day 2:
Calories 1400
Carbs 33
Protein 95

These are estimates.  I ended up tinkering out in the garage most of the night so instead of the dinner I planned I just put some homemade chicken salad over a bed of spinach.  Quick and easy. I wasn't hungry whilst I was working on the my project, but after I stopped and sat down I was hungry, but it was late and I resisted temptation to eat.

Today's Meal Plan
Breakfast:
2 slices Chompie bread with butter
Protein shake

Lunch:
2 turkey sandwiches with mayo and jalapeno

Dinner:
Homemade Hamburgers(special request from daughter)
Broccoli
Spinach Salad for me/Sweet Potato for daughter.

Over the past 3 days I'm averaging under 1500 calories and overall the hunger isn't bad.  I've got the carbs under control and I think if I can keep away from processed foods I may start to actually break this carb addiction.

It's funny, but last year my sister mentioned her husband was watching what he ate very carefully and would only eat certain foods.  He's always been thin, exercised and in good health.  I didn't think much of it, but recently I've noticed I'm becoming more and more conscious of what I eat, not because of my weight, but because of my health.  I think it has to do with age/mortality.  The older I get the more I realize I want to enter my 'golden years' in some semblance of health.  I think eating good quality foods will go a long way towards that goal, and hopefully a side benefit will be a healthier weight.

Have you ever noticed that one moment you're not hungry and you think 'great', but two minutes later you're like 'man I'm hungry'  That happens all the time to me.  I'm trying to be more conscious of it and if I've just eaten try to ignore it, but if it's been awhile I'll think about it before I just eat to see if it passes.  Typically it doesn't, but I have noticed I'm satisfied with less.  Maybe it's age, maybe it's just being aware.  Either way I'm trying to make positive changes.

No eating 3hrs before bed.
Drink water all day.
No process food(no crackers, cookies, chips, packaged side dishes,etc)
Concentrate on Single name foods(beef, broccoli, chicken)
Watch out for carbs.  Make them from natural sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment