Monday, September 21, 2015

A New Week

I've spent a lot of time reflecting on what I posted yesterday.  A couple things come to mind.
1.  I need to find something constructive to do and get involved in.  I'm going to start looking at various classes and clubs.
2.  I've had in my mind the past several weeks trying something different for a diet that my help provide quicker short term results.


       I've tried Juicing in the past and there's way too much sugar for my liking.  Seems like everything calls for apples in order to make the drink palatable.  I've also tried using my Bullet and making kale/spinach/honey/cayenne drinks, but they still leave me hungry.  I've never figured out what that magic combination is for feeling full/satisfied.  I know it's got something to do with carbs as when I cut them out I feel a nagging hunger.  I know it's got something to do with calories for the same reason.  They say fiber and protein help to make you feel fuller longer.  Based on that I'm going to try something.

     I recently did a bit of searching around the web for a different protein shake.  My current one has 17g of protein and 11 net carbs.  I found one that has 34g of protein and 4 net carbs.  I'm going to try using this new protein shake and a 1/4 cup of Chia seeds, which have 14g of fiber and only 2 net carbs to see if I can get by on a shake for breakfast and a shake for lunch and then eat a healthy dinner.

    My hope is that I'll consume a lot fewer calories, but still get the necessary nutrition.  And with the amount of fiber and protein I'm hoping it'll satisfy my hunger.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Tonights dinner is going to be salmon with lemon and dill along with zucchini fries for a side dish.

Not sure how my demons will play into this, but hopefully if I can find something significant to get involved in I can distract myself enough.  I do plenty of projects at home by myself, but I think I need to increase my social interaction.  Working from home certainly limits your social time.

Anyway, I'm currently drinking my first protein shake and we'll see how I feel in the next few hours.  Here's hoping the combination of high protein and high fiber provides the satiety I need to make this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment